HomeEye ExamVision QuizVision Therapy
James D. Hemmig, O.D., P.A.
4400 Hwy 20 E, Suite 112
Niceville, FL 32578
We are a full scope optometric practice dedicated to providing the highest quality vision care to children and adults in a friendly, comfortable, and professional atmosphere. With a highly trained staff and state of the art equipment, we go beyond 20/20.
James D. Hemmig, O.D., P.A. provides:
- Comprehensive Eye Examinations for All Ages, including Infants and Preschoolers
- Eyewear Designing and Dispensing
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up, including Bifocal, Disposable and Astigmatism Lenses
- Treatment of Eye Diseases and Co-Management of Surgery
- Vision Therapy for All Ages
- Treatment for
Learning-related Vision Problems which can include or relate to
Eye Tracking and/or Eye Teaming, and
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Stereopsis (two-eyed depth perception), and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Visual Rehabilitation for Patients with Special Needs, such as Developmental Delays or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), including Autism, Stroke, Whiplash, CP, MS, etc.
- Treatment for Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Visual Stress from Reading and Computers, Eye Strain Headaches, and/or Vision-induced Stomachaches or Motion Sickness
- Low Vision Services and Aids
- Laser Vision Correction (LASIK) Co-management and Consultation
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
James Hemmig, OD, MSM, MSPO, ABDM
Dr. Hemmig is a primary care optometrist who also practices as a developmental optometrist and specializes in children's vision, vision therapy and vision related learning disorders.
Dr. Hemmig traveled the world as a military "brat" and served in the military as a computer analyst at Eglin AFB before returning to school to obtain his Optometry Doctorate at the University of Alabama Birmingham in 1983 and also a concurrent Masters in Physiological Optics. Obtaining his bachelors degree from the University of North Carolina, he also earned a Masters and an ABD degree in Mathematics from the University of Kentucky. His practice is located at Merchants Walk in Bluewater Bay, Niceville, Fl.
Dr. Hemmig is a member of the College of Optometrist in Vision Development, the American Optometric Association, and the Florida Optometric Association. He is also a member of the Panel of Low Vision Providers for the state of Florida.
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.
Success StoriesLocationVision LinksDirectory
optometrists, eye doctors, pediatric eye care, pre-school or preschool eye examinations, Back to School eye exams, vision care, screenings, eye exercises, vision training, visual therapy, Niceville, FL, Walton Beach, FL, Destin, FL, Valparaiso, Crestview, Freeport, Panama City
Member, Optometrists Network & Find an Eye Doctor. Publisher of What is Lazy Eye?, What is Vision Therapy?, and many other Eye Care and Visual Health Patient Education Web Sites.
Terms and Conditions of Use